Brain & Nervous System Center
See Below for:
Wellness Plan |
Pharmacist Recommendations |
Related Health Concerns | Additional Information
General Health Information
The brain and nervous system act as the body?s ?electrical system? communicating millions of messages every second. The brain is the command center and coordinates incoming and outgoing messages from all over the body. A healthy brain and nervous system enable us to cope well and respond appropriately to the countless stimuli we encounter daily. Our nervous system can become overloaded and begin to malfunction if we do not maintain it properly as well as ?filter? excessive stimuli or stress.
An important factor to a healthy nervous system is the proper balance of the brain?s neurotransmitters (chemicals that transmit information from one nerve cell to another) such as dopamine, GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), and serotonin. A healthy nervous system allows us to handle life?s ups-and-downs smoothly, and to feel more emotionally balanced. Exercise, stress-management techniques, proper nutrition and diet can help to better balance the brain?s intricate chemistry.
Several key nutrients are necessary to supply the chemicals responsible for the formation of the brain?s neurotransmitters, thus helping to balance brain chemistry. When taken on a daily basis, supplementation with certain amino acids, vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, and herbs helps us feel more mentally balanced and provides us with an overall sense of well-being.
- Well balanced diet
- Regular exercise
- Stress management
- Pharmacist’s Supplement Recommendations:
- Vitamins and Minerals - B-complex, folic acid, inositol, copper, manganese, potassium, zinc, selenium, boron, calcium and magnesium
- Antioxidants - coenzyme Q10, vitamins C & E, n-acetylcarnitine, melatonin, Pycogenol, grape seed extract, and NADH
- Essential Fatty Acids - DHA and omega-3
- Amino Acids - GABA, asparagine, aspartic acid, glutamine, glycine, taurine, phenylalanine, 5-HTP, and tyrosine
- Herbs and Phytonutrients - gingko biloba, rosemary, sage, horsebalm, brazil nut, fenugreek, stinging nettle, gota kola, ginseng, ashwagandha, phosphatidylserine, DMAE, and huperzine
These products are recommended by licensed pharmacists who have specialized in natural medicines and dietary supplements. For maximum benefit from these recommendations, be sure to read the Wellness Center Guidelines.
||Brain Health Support
Helping the brain perform all of its chemical functions such as the formation of neurotransmitters is critical. Equally important is proper circulation which allows the brain and nervous system to function at its best. We specifically recommend this product for support of proper nerve cell function. Our Brain Health Support contains the following herbs and nutrients:
- Phosphatidylserine is a phospholipid essential to numerous body systems especially the brain. It helps to move nutrients into cells while removing waste, ultimately promoting clearer and sharper thinking and optimal nerve function.
- Ginkgo biloba is a popular herb that aids circulation allowing oxygen and neurotransmitters to reach vital areas of the brain and nervous system.
Daily intake of essential fatty acids, especially DHA and omega-3, is crucial for a healthy nervous system, because they are necessary for normal development and functioning of the brain. Essential fatty acids are found in high concentrations in the brain where they aid in the transmission of nerve impulses. Optimal brain function provides a healthy nervous system for our best mental function.
Our Antioxidant Essentials, which contains many powerful antioxidants, can help protect the body and the mind from the formation of damaging free radicals, thus helping to ensure proper brain function. They help to neutralize these free radicals, thus guarding against deterioration of the brain and its functions. They are especially important for anyone with lots of physical and mental stress. Antioxidants are key to staying healthy, both physically and mentally.
Additional Products for Brain & Nervous System
|Super Stress Support
|Phosphatidyl Serine Complex
||Mood Health Support
|Melatonin 3mg With B-6
Wellness Centers Related to Brain & Nervous System
Additional Information on Brain & Nervous System